1. Dogs always make me laugh. Our deal with Lani is that she makes us laugh and we pay for everything she needs.
2. Someone is waiting for you when you get home.
3. A good reason for leaving a boring party is that you have to go home to let the dog out.
4. If you collect enough dog hair, you can stuff a pillow. I could have probably stuffed three small ones or a very large one by now.
5. Your yard will be safe from squirrels, deer and other wild life.
6. Sometimes the dog is the wild life.
7. You will always be warned whenever someone goes by on a bicycle or on foot in front of your house.
8. Ditto if someone pulls into your driveway.
9. You will most likely get to know your neighbors. People are usually comfortable commenting on a dog and conversations can continue on to other topics.
10. You get taken on walks frequently.
11. Free fertilizer for your yard.
12. You get to watch them sleep. There is no better picture of contentment.
13. You get unconditional love.