I have been tagged by Taexalia to answer these questions:
1. What am I reading at the moment?
2. What am I listening to at the moment?
3. What am I watching at the moment?
1. I just finished Micheal Pollen's The Botany of Desire in which he traces the relationship of man to plants and, surprisingly, of plants to man. He does this by exploring four desires (sweetness, beauty, intoxication, and control) through the history and use of four plants ( apple, tulip, marijuana, and potato). Reading this book will surely alter your view of plants. I am also reading Lewis Mel-Madrona's Narrative Medicine. I am a big fan of all his books as he explores the effect of story telling, as well as other shamanic techniques, in healing.
2. I listen to a lot of music that is on the obscure side to put it mildly. David LaMotte, Chuck Brodsky, Christine Kane, Annie Gallup, a lot of Texas artists including Ray Wylie Hubbard, Townes Van Zant, all of the Lost Gonzos in their various configurations, Eliza Guilkison, Jimmy LaFave, Guy Clark. Of the non-obscure side, I've had Stephen Stills Just Roll Tape in my player for a couple of days and I am always up for and CSNY configuration. I also listen to a lot of Abraham-Hicks cds while I'm driving around.
3. Watching? Well, a lot of food TV when we have the set on. Last Sunday, we went to see The Golden Compass and liked it but I think we would have gotten a lot more out of it if we had read the books. I will warn anyone going to see it that it kinda stops in the middle of the story like Lord Of the Rings did.
So, I tag Konagod, Arlene, Angela, Littlepea, and Pam and anyone else who likes this meme.